Learn how to make cannabis butter with @MagicalButter. Use the butter in other simple recipes found in our site. Exclusive to the Ganjly community, MagicalButter is giving us all $30 off their MagicalButter machine with the discount code, Ganjlymb and 20% off on all their products.
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Serving Size: Per recipe request
- Yield: Approximately 2-5 cups/475-1180 ml
- ¼-½ ounce/7-14 g botanicals per cup/240 ml*, decarbed
- 2-5 cups/475-1180 ml unsalted butter, softened; for best results, clarified**
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml lecithin per cup/240 ml***
- Minimum is 2 cups/475 ml. Maximum capacity 5 cups/1180 ml.
- Do not use margarine or water.
- Place the ingredients into your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.*
- Press the Temperaturebutton, and select 160°F/71°C. Then press the 2 Hours/Butterbutton.
- After the cycle is complete, unplug the unit at the outlet, and remove the head of the appliance. Put on your LoveGlove™, and pour the pitcher contents slowly through your PurifyFilter™ into MagicalButter Trays, formed molds, or other storage container.
*For best results do not pre-grind botanicals. Adjust botanical weight according to personal preference.
**For optimal extractions and maximum potency, based on extensive kitchen trials, our chef now recommends clarifying your butter before adding it to the pitcher.
To clarify, gently melt and simmer the butter, discard the milk solids and surface foam, and retain the clear golden liquified butterfat.
You can also skip clarifying and simply use melted or softened butter. Do not use cold, firm butter.
***Lecithin is optional but highly recommended. Lecithin is an emulsifier used in cooking and in the pharmaceutical industry for binding ingredients in lipids (butter, oils, and fats).
It helps to increase the bioavailability of plant compounds in your high-lipid infusions, intensifying the potency of the resulting extracts. Lecithin can be made from soy, sunflower, rice, or egg yolk.
It is available at your local health-food or vitamin store in the form of powder, granules, or liquid.
Any type is sufficient except in capsules, because they contain too many binders and fillers.
Soy lecithin powder is processed to eliminate compounds that may have estrogen-like effects.
Lecithin granules are made from soy powder mixed with soy oil, so they may contain estrogen-like compounds.
Because liquid lecithin is three times as potent as powder or granules (it’s also three times as messy), use only 1 teaspoon per cup of butter or oil for your extractions.
Thank you MagicalButter for sharing your awesome recipe! The MagicalButter machine makes it easy for medical marijuana patients to create their own medicine by infusing their own cannabis-infused topicals, tinctures and edibles. Get your MagicalButter at MagicalButter.com and start cooking!