Check this simple magical coconut oil recipe by @MagicalButter. They say coconut oil is a healthier oil for cooking. Use this cannabis infused coconut oil in other simple recipes found in our site.
Exclusive to the Ganjly community, MagicalButter is giving us all $30 off their MagicalButter machine with the discount code, Ganjlymb and 20% off on all their products.
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 2-5 cups/475-1180 ml
- ¼-½ ounce/7-14 g botanicals per cup/240 ml*
- 2-5 cups/475-1180 ml liquified organic coconut oil, unrefined or refined**
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml lecithin per cup/240 ml***
Do not use margarine or water.
Do not use cold, firm coconut oil. See Chef’s Notes.
- Place the ingredients into your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.
- Press the Temperaturebutton, and select 160°F/71°C; then press the 2 Hours/Butterbutton.
- After the cycle is complete, unplug the unit at the outlet, and remove the head of the appliance. Put on your LoveGlove™, and pour the pitcher contents slowly through your PurifyFilter™ into MagicalButter Trays, formed molds, or other storage container.
*For best results do not pre-grind botanicals. Adjust botanical weight according to personal preference.
**The biggest difference between unrefined (organic) and refined coconut oil is the taste.
The unrefined will have a big coconut flavor, and the refined will have a neutral taste with very little or no coconut flavor.
Do not use cold, firm coconut oil.
Liquify it first by warming it to above 76°F/24°C.
***Lecithin is optional but highly recommended. Lecithin is an emulsifier used in cooking and in the pharmaceutical industry for binding ingredients in lipids (butter, oils, and fats).
It helps to intensify the potency of your extracts. It is available at your local health-food or vitamin store in the form of powder, granules, or liquid.
Any type is sufficient except in capsules, because they contain too many binders and fillers.
Because liquid lecithin is three times as potent as powder or granules (it’s also three times as messy), use only 1 teaspoon/5ml per cup/240 ml of oil for your extractions.
Thank you MagicalButter for sharing your awesome recipe! The MagicalButter machine makes it easy for medical marijuana patients to create their own medicine by infusing their own cannabis-infused topicals, tinctures and edibles. Get your MagicalButter at MagicalButter.com and start cooking!