5 Questions to Ask Yourself before Attending MJ Biz Con
Before, during and after the event
Are you ready? We are just a couple of hours away from the opening of the biggest and most attended cannabis trade show and conference in the world. As we’re preparing this event in various ways, we all have one common goal: growing our beloved industry, whether we attend for business, educational or networking reasons, we are all doing our part in celebrating this life-changing plant given to us by mother nature.
MJ Biz Conference is happening this November 15-17, 2017 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Given the magnitude of such an event, it isn’t as easy as it seems to achieve our goals in attending or exhibiting at the show. Some of us are here to sell products, some to showcase innovation. Others are looking at funding their cannabis-related projects. But most of all, we are all here to share knowledge and to create mutually beneficial relationships.
Below you’ll find a quick cheat sheet/checklist of things to consider during your planning, preparation and attendance of MJ Biz Con. By all means, this isn’t an exhaustive list nor are we implying that this is the only method, but we do hope that this gets your juices flowing.
- What are your main goals and objectives in attending MJ Biz Con?
- Sell/promote your products
- Growing your network
- Education about cannabis
- Looking for funding for your project
- Who/what are your target audiences in order to achieve these goals?
- Retailers, wholesalers, distributors, extractors, growers, etc.
- Industry advocates, influencers, entrepreneurs, reporters, etc.
- Speakers, conferences, meet ups, evening events, etc.
- Investment firms, VCs, family offices, successful entrepreneurs, etc.
- How will you connect with your target audience?
- Contact your audience beforehand and ask for a meeting,
- Send out a newsletter to your list informing them that your will be there,
- Organize a private dinner/event/product presentation after hours,
- Issue a press release (only in the case of a a new product/technology) before the show.
- How will you measure the success of your participation?
- Setup some KPIs in order to track progress before, during and after the show,
- For sales, build your KPIs with regards to Return on Investment (see attached examples for Puffmen Distribution),
- If looking at growing your network, you can use Return on Objectives KPIs (see attached examples for The Blinc Group).
- What means do you have to support your goals and objectives?
- Use your current network for introductions,
- If you have a PR agency, ask them for help with regards to outreach,
- Use any kind of media (editorials, social, etc.) to maximize reach,
- Make sure to bring value to your contacts: tag them in posts, thank them, mention them.
In any case, it is necessary to have a look at the list of exhibitors, attendees and media prior to attending MJ Biz Con in order to learn more about them and educate yourself before meeting your audience in person. Keep in mind that we are all in this industry to help it grow, so the main idea here is just to be yourself. Conveying passion for a cause or a product is usually the best way to gain trust and respect from colleagues.
Below is an example of how The Blinc Group and Puffmen Distribution set their goals and plans.
For more information about the MJ Biz Conference, go to https://mjbizconference.com.
About Arnaud: Arnaud Dumas de Rauly is a guest contributor in Ganjly and is the Chief Strategy Officer of The Blinc Group.
About The Blinc Group
The Blinc Group is a first of its kind adoption and distribution-centric incubator led by a connected group of top vapor and cannabis industry experts. We create a fostering environment for the launch, expansion and funding of vapor and cannabis products.
Our mission is to build quality brands and products that innovate the face of retailers, dispensaries, head shops, and vape shops across the globe. We are invested in informing and improving public health through driving innovation and fostering rewarding consumer experiences.
We deliver full cycle support to start-ups and entrepreneurs through tailored branding, marketing, sales and engagement programs rooted in data and proprietary research. We leverage our collective expertise and network to position member companies as thought leaders in their respective industry segment and develop a foundation for scaling through the largest distribution channels in the American, European, and Asian markets.
Contact: Arnaud Dumas De Rauly, CSO
The Blinc Group
1 212 879 2329