Make magical cooking oil with the @MagicalButter.
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Serving Size: Per Recipe Request
- Yield: 2-5 cups/475-1180 ml
- ¼-½ ounce/7-14 g botanicals* per cup/240 ml, decarbed
- 2-5 cups/475-1180 ml cooking oil (preferably coconut; or use olive, grapeseed, sunflower, almond, walnut, sesame, avocado, macadamia, or peanut oil; NOT recommended are ordinary soybean, canola, and corn oil)
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml lecithin** per cup/240 ml
- The minimum is 2 cups/475 ml. Maximum capacity of 5 cups/1180 ml.
- When infusing coconut oil use the 1Hour/Oil button.
- Place the ingredients into your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.
- Press the Temperature button, and select 160°F/71°C. Then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
- After the cycle is complete, unplug the unit at the outlet, and remove the head of the appliance. Put on your LoveGlove™, and pour the pitcher contents slowly through your PurifyFilter™ into a dark glass container.
*For best results do not pre-grind botanicals. Adjust botanical weight according to personal preference.
**Lecithin is optional but highly recommended. Lecithin is an emulsifier used in cooking and in the pharmaceutical industry for binding ingredients in lipids (butter, oils, and fats). It helps to increase the bioavailability of plant compounds in your high-lipid infusions, intensifying the potency of the resulting extracts. Lecithin can be made from soy, sunflower, rice, or egg yolk.
It is available at your local health-food or vitamin store in the form of powder, granules, or liquid. Any type is sufficient except in capsules because they contain too many binders and fillers. Soy lecithin powder is processed to eliminate compounds that may have estrogen-like effects.
Lecithin granules are made from soy powder mixed with soy oil, so they may contain estrogen-like compounds. Because liquid lecithin is three times as potent as powder or granules (it’s also three times as messy), use only 1 teaspoon per cup of butter or oil for your extractions.
Thank you MagicalButter for sharing your awesome recipe! The MagicalButter machine makes it easy for medical marijuana patients to create their own medicine by infusing their own cannabis-infused topicals, tinctures and edibles. Buy your MagicalButter at MagicalButter.com and start cooking!